Thursday, April 15, 2010

Ireland Trip 2010

So it looks as though I will finally get to go to the one place I've ALWAYS wanted to visit; Ireland. I recently (and by recently I mean a week ago) found out that the Federal Way Chamber of Commerce is planning a trip similar to the one my mom went on two years ago to China, only this time they're going to Ireland! when my mom told me, I totally freaked out and started telling everyone I know that I was going to go to Ireland in October (even though it wasn't a for sure thing). I've been starting to look up the pronounciations for traditional Irish words. I figure it has to come in handy somehow. I'm also coming up with places that I'd like to go see while we're nearby. My mom and Erica have been doing all of the hotel and plane research so I'm just going to trust whatever they tell me lol. I've also been trying to persuade some people to at least check out the itinerary and see if they can make it work and come along. I feel like it would be wrong of me to just gush about such a great opertunity and not offering it to anyone else. If you want to know anything about the trip, feel free to e-mail me at hellsangel851995@yahoo.com.

What made me start this blog was my mom. She "opened her big mouth!" and suggested that her friend Tiffany, who is coming too!, should write a blog to show to her residents (Tiffany is the ED of an Assisted Living). Well my mother is also an ED at an Al (I copied that from her lol) and realized that she should probably do the same. Now, needless to say, I'm not an ED and I don't work at and AL. however, I know that some of my friends would like to go but can't afford to do so. So I decided it would be cool to blog about the trip, and post the bazillions of pictures I'm bound to take, so that they can at least follow along with my travels. I gues it's kinda like living vicariously through me lol. Then, I got another great idea from a teacher who I had roped into checking out the itinerary and seeing if she could afford to come. I told her of my plans to blog about my trip and she suggested that I talk to my councelor (sorry if my spelling is a little off. I'm not a dictionary you know) about making that my senior project, even though I'm obviously not a senior. She said that if I'm allowed to do that, I won't have to do anything as a senior and that's one less strees that I'll have. I think it's a WONDERFUL idea so I'm checking it out.

I've never blogged before but I think this is a great opertunity to start. I wish that either my mom, Erica, or I had done this five years ago when we were on our London/Paris trip. We were in London at the Tower of London when the Tube bombings occured. I can honestly say that I've never been so afraid of getting lost in a foreign city as I was that day. The streets were so corwded that I felt like it I let go of my mom's hand I would be swept away by the current of people and never see my mom or again. Anywho, I figure this will be a great way to remember everything we experience before and during our trip. I'm not sure how often I'll blog before we leave, but I will FOR SURE blog every day that we are in the Emerald Isle :) .

Wish me luck on my newest adventure! I promise that it will be as fun for you as it is for me :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay, you're a blogger! Between you and me (and Tiffany) we'll have a pretty complete picture of our trip once we are done! FUN :)

    ReplyDelete